Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Organize & reorganize !!

So little to write about that would be of interest to my followers. I've been organizing and reorganizing!! I'm building a pile of things to donate to the local Goodwill store.

Yesterday I was attempting to off-load the over-abundance of things inside the KIA. I decided to put up the car-top carrier (purchased a couple months ago). I borrowed a tall ladder from a neighbor. I struggled to get the carrier up... and I struggled to get things inside. It was a very hot afternoon!! Only when I was ready to cinch the straps did I realize my KIA only has the two side rails. The car-top carrier requires front and back rails (also) to secure it. So I struggled to get it down, emptied, and folded back into the box.

I've had so many visitors commenting on my projects because--in order to reorganize--I have to scatter things outside the T@B or KIA. Without exception, I'm asked "Do you really need this? If you haven't used it in a year, get rid of it!!" So I'm going to shift things from my possession to a thrift shop.

Last night I left many things sitting outside the T@B. Now they are all loaded inside... because it will be raining very soon. It has been a chilly, cloudy, windy morning and neighbors came by with the weather report: "Better get things under cover; it's going to rain."

The project for this afternoon: Sort through guide books, maps, receipts, etc., and discard. A very good project for a chilly afternoon!! For a week, the inside of the T@B has been an oven and I concentrated on outside projects. For example: laundry (rugs, bedspread [over items in the back of the KIA], etc.).

As I said earlier, nothing very interesting to report. I'm seriously questioning whether I will work for Amazon.com. I'm hearing comments like: "It is so dusty and dirty; I have to wear a mask." And: "It is so noisy; I have hearing aids and the noise is awful." Furthermore: "I've worked for over sixty years and this is the hardest work I've ever done in my entire life!!" ~~ Hear ye, hear ye, I (Lorraine) DON'T **need** the money!! I applied to Amazon because it was (is) a short-term job and I would have a free campsite.

I can see that these two or three weeks in Campbellsville are a time to relax, and get caught up on projects (like my blog). I have two other Workamper projects that may materialize. I'm just in the "pause" mode.

~~~~~~~~~~
Note: The rain started at 2:40 while I was preparing this message.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!