Sunday, October 3, 2010

Life's Book

Life's Book

No matter what else you are doing
From cradle days through to the end,
You are writing your life's secret story--
Each day sees another page penned.
Each month ends a thirty-page chapter,
Each year means the end of a part--
And never an act is misstated
Or even one wish of the heart.
Each day when you wake, the book opens,
Revealing a page clean and white--
What thoughts and what words and what doings
Will cover its pages by night?
God leaves that to you--you're the writer--
And never a word shall grow dim,
Till the day you write the word finish
And give your Life's Book back to Him.

Author Unknown



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday afternoon, October 3rd, 2010, 4:30 PM: I'm going through my three e-mail accounts to determine what to keep and what to discard. Almost a year ago, I sent the above poem--with an e-mail message--to my brother (my only sibling). He died of cancer on February 23rd, 2010.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ignore the time stamp. I frequently "save" ... and use later in the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!