Thursday, October 7, 2010

Greetings from Heartland Campground

It's a blazing hot day!! I worked myself exhausted (in the heat) and had to lay down and take a nap. I've moved cushions, mattress, duffel bags, etc., and secured everything with long straps with a secure buckle. The only place I've seen the "Riverside Cartop Carriers Heavy Duty Utility Straps" is REI in Hingham, Massachusetts. I bought my first pair over the 4th of July Holiday. When I returned to the area (later) I bought several more packages.

During my travels, I've often mentioned how things on the bed cascade forward and end in a heap in front of the door. Furthermore, inevitably, the three inch foam mattress will slide forward. Two straps, installed in July, didn't prevent the mattress from moving forward two or three inches. It was an enormous job to secure a third strap!! Likewise, dinette cushions don't stay in place. To the very best of my ability, the dinette cushions are secured, and my duffel bags will be anchored when I'm traveling with the T@B. I'm hoping that everything will remain in their respective locations!!

I've been assessing my things as I move them around and I now have a generous amount of donations to haul to the local Goodwill Store.

I have a mountain of paperwork, receipts, maps, guide books, etc., that I will sort through and discard most. While I have the time, I want to get everything thoroughly organized. I'm so weary of things piled on the bed during the day, and off the bed on the floor at night. The T@B is so-o-o-o-o tiny; I have to have some room to move around!!

This is a boring blog but I wanted to tell you that the weather is beautiful---and I've been busy. Eighty-seven degrees inside the T@B with the door and windows open. I even dug out a little fan to move the air. (Shorts would feel good but they are packed away.) The thermometer says 80 degrees outside, in the shade, in a breeze.

I haven't left my campsite all day. However, I'm leaving early in the morning to drive to the Galilean Children's Home for their quilt auction, and other fund-raising activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!