Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday

He is Risen.
4:44 AM and I'm in gear for another day. I had a sleepless night so got up at 3:33. Now I've had a shower and washed my hair. I'm enjoying a cup of green tea. Bill Gaither (and friends) are belting out anthems of praise from the CD player.

"Sleepless night" (perhaps) because I was invited to join a small group attending a sunrise service.
"Be there at 6:45" I was told--and I didn't want to oversleep. I'm thrilled to be included!! The residents of Shelby, North Carolina, have not been hospitable to this old lady from California. I often hear the expression "the left coast" as though there's a stigma attached to "the West coast." So I'm excited about an "outing" on this Easter Sunday. A potluck breakfast is planned after the service.

So many thoughts are racing through my mind: "Dust the Venetian blinds," "Get the last container of homemade bean soup from the freezer," "Haul the last-minute 'it won't fit in the POD' stuff to the Thrift Shop." (The "last minute" stuff will have to be transported in the trailer because the KIA hasn't an inch of empty space.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
8:45 PM (sixteen hours since the original publication of this message). A very enjoyable day!! The sunrise was especially spectacular, and the worship service was a joy!! A delicious potluck breakfast followed with wonderful Christian fellowship. I was the first to arrive and the last to leave. I was enjoying the escape from the apartment and the packing project!!

Home at 11 o'clock, changed into my "grubby" clothes and finished vacuuming (for the third time?!?!). For some reason that I could not figure out, the vacuum cleaner was larger than its box!! I brought the Halo vacuum home in that box but could not return it to the box. So I struggled to stabilize the vacuum cleaner on top of other things--way above my head. More last-minute stuff was added to the POD.

At 1 o'clock I took a nap in the trailer. Reluctantly, I got up and "puttered" at insignificant projects. Then I visited with several neighbors--giving them my "goodbye" and details of my trip plans.

I didn't check the time but late evening my host and hostess from earlier in the day came by to check on my projects and progress. Another one hour (or more) visit. They insisted that I pull my T@B to their driveway and park there for several days while I do my Income Taxes. Yes, my Income Taxes; no, I haven't started; I've been avoiding that project like the plague!!

Food has been transferred from the apartment to the little refrigerator in the trailer. In thirty minutes time I could have all the last minute things out of the apartment (this laptop for one). Things will move swiftly tomorrow morning. Although it is still early, I may go to bed fairly soon. Not a lot of physical exertion today but mental and emotional energy was spent. I'll sleep well tonight!! I feel so blessed--and I'm so grateful that the projects are complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!