Saturday, April 24, 2010

Strangest thing happened...

I had the strangest experience today!! I "lost" three hours forty-five minutes!! Around 11 o'clock, I looked at my faithful Radio Shack clock and it said 7:24. I tried changing the time zones but time was still wrong. When I checked my GPS for exact (satellite) time it was 11:09. The clock--also designed to pick up accurate time from the satellite--said 7:24. How strange!! So I again adjusted the buttons but could not change the displayed time.

I began to unload bags from the KIA. Somewhere--properly stored--was a package with a variety of sizes of batteries (Sam's Club purchase in preparation for this trip). I finally located... and changed the two AA batteries. I reset the date but still the wrong time. I speculated that I'd be buying another clock. ~~ Half an hour later I noticed the clock registering the accurate time. ~~ Given a little more time, I'll make some intelligent comparison. Right now I'm just amused by the fact that an almost dead battery changed time, date and temperature.

Another frustration: The pictures are not attractively arranged in some of my blogs!! I'm very aware of the situation when I visit my blog from someone else's computer. When I have the time (and WiFi) I'll change to smaller images and (hopefully) that will correct the problem. (Sorta like changing batteries corrected the problem??) I have yet to understand why the published blog appears one way on my computer and different on someone else's computer. (Suggestions appreciated.)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lorraine, I'm finally getting around to commenting on your blog after meeting you in Earth Fare last week! I put your URL in my daily favorites so I can keep "Tabs" on you. Pun intended LOL! Bee Volpe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sincere THANKS for keeping tabs on me (pun intended LOL!!). Spending time in Marion prior to the TaB rally next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorraine, on reason for the difference in display may be the screen format of the computer. Newer computers have the wider aspect screen similar to an HD tv, while older computers have a format more like a traditional (or analog tv). I don't know for sure that is the difference but it is a possibility.

    regards, Joe

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!