Thursday, April 29, 2010

Needed to tie up loose ends

My KIA annual registration is in May. I hoped--and trusted--that I would be able to renew before leaving North Carolina. (We leave on Sunday to caravan the Blue Ridge Parkway, and Skyline Drive, to Gettysburg, PA.) ~~ The car and T@B have been hitched together since April 4th--until yesterday.

Today I went to an inspection station in Marion. "No, we don't do emission checks. They aren't required in this County." I had the choice of going to Rutherfordton or Morganton (two adjacent counties). I opted for Morganton. On the outskirts of town, I found an inspection station and asked if he could do it "a few days early." Long story short, he did the inspection and told me where to find Department of Motor Vehicles (less than a mile away). On the strength of my current registration, the clerk pulled up my information and said "Twenty-eight dollars." I was in-and-out in about seven minutes. Strangely, about ten people suddenly in line behind me!! I guess I'm living right!!

Heading back toward Marion, I saw an Aldi's grocery store and bought a few items for the upcoming evening get-togethers. Then gas..., then Wal-Mart..., then back to camp.

A beautiful afternoon so I unloaded a lot of things from the KIA (after putting the new sticker on the license plate). Hopefully with a few more "arranging and re-arranging" I'll have less clutter in the T@B and more in the car!!

Lots of visiting with fellow T@BBers. A wonderful day!! I'll close because at 7:30 we gather for "Tall Tales Around the Campfire."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!