Wednesday, April 14, 2010

To buy or not to buy--that is the question.

Should I invest in a GPS system?? Every time I come to Asheville I get lost!! There is a maze of highways, and Interstates, in and around this city. Before leaving Walmart this morning, I studied the map and believed I knew how to find Panera Bread. I went the wrong direction and consequently had to backtrack from Hendersonville. ~~ I've been in Panera for over an hour and completed the previous blog. It is my intention to visit the Biltmore Estate and see the Festival of Flowers. I also must get the car and T@B washed!! The adorable little T@B attracts so much attention but (right now) has bird droppings, pollen, and road grime distracting from her beauty. ~~ Changing the subject: The POD is being picked up today (in Shelby) and I am over eighty miles away. I don't have to be there....

3 comments:

  1. I personally love my Garmin NUVI... you can get them for around $250.

    I am the type of person who can get lost in my backyard if I am not careful (which is strange because I like to think I am a somewhat intelligent person). With my NUVI, I have not gotten lost at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! My husband Pat and I also own a T@B and I'm enjoying reading about your travels.

    I also wouldn't hesitate for a moment to recommend the Garmin Nuvi. I have one and bought one for my husband. We love it!

    Besides the points of interest that come with the Nuvi, there is an excellent site called poifactory.com that has tons of user-created points of interest files that can be easily added to the Nuvi. I have extra POI files for all Panera, Wal-Mart, Sonic Drive-in, Culver's Butterburgers, Steak n' Shake, and many other favorites. Except for red light camera files, all files are free (but they do accept donations). Definitely adds to the Garmin.

    Have fun and I look forward to reading your blog more!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS for the suggestions!! I value the comments from my readers. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!