Monday, April 5, 2010

Emancipation Day

Everything had been completed by 10 AM: Trash had been carried to the dumpster; last-minute items in the POD; vehicles were hitched; final "goodbye" to several neighbors. It was less than a seven mile drive to the home of Wayne and Deborah Martin. I'm parked on a green grassy area next to several trees. I had shade during the morning and full sunshine in the late afternoon. Wayne was quick to tell me that I have "a million dollar view" of Moss Lake. Either direction--when I look out my windows--I see the lake.

For over two hours I just reorganized things that had been piled on the floor of the T@B. At least now I can walk in and out...!! Early afternoon, I took a nap. It has been such an emotional four-and-one-half months!! I hate the weeks between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day because it's geared for families. The second day of January the depression lifted and I started packing and organizing for the move. Today was Emancipation Day. I'm "free" to enjoy a wonderful summer of travels. I'm "free" to breath fresh air that is not contaminated by my cigarette-smoking neighbor (and her friends and family). I'm "free" of her big Boxer dog that barks constantly. I'm "free" to seek a new community where I'll make new friends.

I'm so excited about the next three or four months. It will be the exact opposite of the last three or four months!! The Winter weather was so cold, wet, and miserable. Spring has "sprung" and the weather is so beautiful!! So many trees are in bloom, so many beautiful colors. There is a hint of green on most of the trees. I didn't hear the TV evening news but 88 degrees was the projected high for today (which is unseasonably warm). While I sat in my little trailer--enjoying a pleasant breeze through the two open windows and open door--I watched blossoms fall like snow flakes from the trees. With pleasant weather--and "a million dollar view"--I told my friends that I'll be reluctant to leave. I'm under orders from Deborah and Wayne that I can't leave until I finish my Income Taxes. No, I didn't start them today. Tomorrow!!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!