Sunday, April 18, 2010

Everyone loves my T@B !!

Everyone loves Mercedes!! Late yesterday afternoon I drove across the street (from Panera) to Earth Fare market. I was barely in the door when a couple approached me. They saw me pull in and (I suspect) followed me into the store. They travel with a large rig with slide-outs, etc., and were fascinated by my "Little Guy" (they read the license plate [reused from my earlier teardrop trailer] ). We talked for at least thirty minutes and they wished me "safe travels."

The groceries were in the T@B and refrigerator; I was leaving the parking lot. A lady waved and motioned for me to roll down the window. We were in the lanes for fifteen minutes before someone chose that route and honked for us to move. We moved to parking spaces and resumed our conversation. She (Diana) took time to "get the feel" of the T@B and jotted down relevant info. Diana departed when a woman pulled up and asked if I travel alone. "Yes. Would you like to see the trailer?" "Oh, can we?" as she let three children out of the van. I encouraged her to take the kids camping and told her there's many places nearby. She thanked me and said they want to convert "a big old bus."

What a remarkable three hours and the odometer never rolled over during my drive from Panera to Earth Fare, to K-Mart. I inquired and OK to spend the night in K-Mart parking lot. I spent $35... and now have a desired electric hot plate. (Wouldn't you know? I gave one away before I realized I "needed" it!!) I've searched Thrift Shops and couldn't find one. I believe I'll save money, and propane, by using the hot plate while I'm hooked up to electricity in RV parks.

"The Bucket List" was on sale; I didn't see the movie. When I have electricity (!!) I can watch it on my little Sony DVD player. To a degree, I'm planning to experience things on my "Wish List" this summer. ~~ I found several other sale items before asking a Manager about parking. "Yes, but be out by 10:00." I laughingly said "Definitely." (Note the time stamp; I was in Panera before 8:30.)

Before I got the laptop computer out of the trailer, before I even crossed the parking lot to Panera, a young man pulled along side and said "What a cute little trailer. Who made it? Where did you get it? How much did it cost?" I explained... and invited him to step inside. He loved my freedom to travel and not stay in hotels or motels. He had just spent $100. per night in a nearby Asheville hotel. I told him that moments before--driving out of the K-Mart parking lot--I said to myself "Caa-ching; saved at least $65.00."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!