Saturday, April 3, 2010

Writing "the end" to this chapter of the book

5:55 PM and I'm almost ready to write "the end" on this chapter of my life (in Shelby). Actually, I thought I had everything "done" yesterday evening but found myself busy all day today. I've scrubbed and waxed the kitchen and bathroom. I've scrubbed the tiny floor in the T@B. I cleaned the refrigerator (again). I cleaned the bathroom (again). I swept the debris off the porch. I'm leaving the apartment cleaner than when I moved in thirty-eight months ago.

Considering that I signed the apartment lease on the 4th of February, I decided to allow myself the extra four days to complete the many projects. At this time, I plan to hitch the vehicles early on Monday morning. I'm not sure when PODS will actually arrive to pick up the container (but I don't have to be here).

I've washed all my fruit and veggies so everything is ready to eat. I have not filled the under-the-sink water container yet because no outside water faucets anywhere in this complex. I've had my hands in so much water today they are all wrinkled and dry. I plan to saturate them with hand cream when I eventually sit down and watch my little Haier television. In fact, time for the news so I'll write "the end" to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!