Monday, April 26, 2010

Pitter-patter of little feet

Pitter-patter of little feet!! Three dogs--twelve little feet, forty-eight little toenails--on the tile floor. Linda has insisted that I stay in the guest room because (first) the tornado warning on Saturday night, and (second) I could take a shower before going to Church with them Sunday morning. So I've awakened to the sound of little feet on the floor. ~~ Saturday was delightful--all day--because an eighteen month old granddaughter was here and her little feet never stopped moving!!

I'm using Linda's computer (for the Internet) and I have the most awesome view out the front window, from where I'm sitting. A hummingbird feeder, a bird feeder, a bird bath.... A gray squirrel is stealing from the bird feeder. We see Cardinals, Doves and Finches, and Hummingbirds (of course). Such a beautiful, relaxing sight!! According to the thermometer near the feeders, it is 60 degrees. It is a cloudy morning. The wildlife is well fed here: The fish in the large pond get fed every night. (Good fishing, I'm told; no license required, private pond.) Doug planted corn "just for the deer." I imagine other wildlife (rabbits?) help themselves to the garden. I'm told bear occasionally visit because this property is just below the Blue Ridge Parkway. ~~ Just like the dogs they adopted, and the wildlife they feed, Doug and Linda have "adopted" me. I'm told this is my home!! I'm so delighted!! I feel so loved!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, Tuesday, April 27, 2010: Sleepless night!! I kept wondering if dogs have five toenails each foot, or only four. I haven't had any pets for many years. Nobody sent a comment correcting my arithmetic. (Above, I originally said sixty little toenails.) Three dogs times four feet equals twelve; twelve times four (toenails) equals forty-eight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!