Friday, April 2, 2010

Everything... except the kitchen sink !!

Another big day--but not as strenuous as yesterday. First thing this morning I drove in to Shelby with a load of plastic, and cardboard, for the recycling center. Then to Habitat for Humanity ReStore (Thrift Shop) with donations. They were closed. My original intent was to deliver two bookcases to the Senior Center but they, too, were closed. (They are on my route so observed they were not open as I drove past.) Next... Salvation Army but they were closed.

I stopped for coffee and a bagel... and the owners said they were surprisingly busy considering that "the doctor's offices are closed." As I traversed across town to another Thrift Shop I observed that dentist' offices, chiropractic offices, etc., etc., were closed. Likewise stores around the "Square" (of our very small town) were closed. "What's happening?" I questioned silently. We have a very secular society that doesn't want a Nativity scene on the Square at Christmas, or the Ten Commandments displayed in Court Houses, BUT businesses close on Good Friday when they don't respect the One who died on a cross this day over 2000 years ago. I don't understand!! ~~ Across town, I dropped off two book cases and a lot of other donations.










Home again, I vacuumed the living room and shifted the few things from one bedroom. Then I vacuumed that room. Next, I started loading the KIA with the things I plan to take on my trip. Look at the pictures--judge for yourself--and mimic what I'm saying to myself: "Lorraine, you are taking far too much stuff!!" I believe I have everything... "except the kitchen sink!!" ~~ Only one more housekeeping task awaits me: I need to scrub and wax the kitchen floor.










Having said all that, Ed and I agreed yesterday that there was no way that we could get the large diamond-plate box in to the POD. That box was a purchase that served me very well on the tongue of my Little Guy Silver Shadow teardrop trailer (last year). I had hoped to sell it for less than half what I paid but I didn't find an interested buyer. I gave it to Ed (my helper) and he may be able to realize a significant "bonus" for all his hard work and heavy lifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!