Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sodus Point, New York

OK, here's a recap of my activities the last several days.

The KIA would not start when I left Panera just before noon on Saturday, May 29th. I have been hauling around a wonderful item to jump start my vehicle. I unloaded "stuff" ... and attached the device to the battery. It barely provided enough charge to get the KIA started. (I had neglected to use electricity--in Shelby--and bring it to maximum.)

I had no desire to park on a hot asphalt parking lot for the Memorial Day weekend!! I phoned a campground listed in a Good Sam directory and was advised they have a place for me. That greeting was just the beginning of four wonderful days. I recommend that you put the following in your travel address book and include them in your plans: South Shore RV Park, 7867 Lake Road, Sodus Point, New York, 14555; (315)483-8649.

Now I'll document from my handwritten notes.
Thermometer says 80 degrees inside (4:40 PM) but I feel extremely hot--and sweaty--after unhooking car and T@B, and hooking up electricity, and putting down stabilizers. I've lost track of time but I think I've been on the space for about an hour. I paid for two nights because I want to reorganize T@B & KIA. Also, the first thing I did was hook up charger to recharge. (I should have charged before I left Shelby. It is only by God's grace that a tiny amount of "juice" allowed me to get the KIA started [back at Panera].)

Many things need to be done. Filter water (Pur filter) and refill containers. Refill 5-gallon fresh water tank. Later dump porta-potty when leaving. Also recharge battery for Sony DVD player. Really avail myself of electricity!!

At 5:00 PM I went looking for restrooms and saw Lake Ontario for the first time today. Nice restrooms!! 5:18 PM and I'm using the last whole wheat "thin" with peanut butter and honey. I was afraid the "thin" was getting old and might mold. I bought them at a market adjacent to the McDonald's where I spent so many hours. Where was that? A Wal-Mart nearby. Dunkirk, NY?? (I should be better about documenting!!) Incidentally, the honey container was full when I left Shelby. Just enough honey for next pot of tea. One more container to discard. Slowly I'm using things up.

6:25 PM, 77 degrees, and I laid down for almost an hour. I hated to get up!! I realize I'm very tired. I spent twelve hours in Panera, on the computer, and that was semi-intensive. Then two hours visiting with seven people interested in the T@B. (Seven individuals--not a group of seven.) Then the KIA wouldn't start and that was stressful. I had to pull things out...to get to the jump starter and everything is a big mess. Then unhook, etc., so I guess I have a reason to be tired?!?!

8:22 AM Sunday morning before I got out of bed. Sixty-six degrees in T@B.

1:00 PM, 80 degrees inside.., and I'm finally sitting down to eat a big bowl of organic salad greens, a few cherry tomatoes and an entire can of quality tuna. Oh yes, raw sunflower seeds, too. ~~ I have been arranging--and rearranging all morning. Took table out so I could move the extra mattress backwards where it belongs. Rough roads jiggle everything forward!! The dirty clothes are separated into two pillow cases ready for the yet-to-be-located Laundromat. Everything is neat and tidy inside the T@B because some items still outside. I've puttered at a slow pace; I'm in no hurry. I may stay another day until I'm totally relaxed and everything is done to my satisfaction. Furthermore, I don't like to be on the highways on a holiday weekend!! Next I'll tackle the chaos inside the KIA.

The DVD player battery has been recharged. Likewise the little Heier TV battery. The Power On Board jump-start system is charged to the maximum in case I need it again. I used the electric hot plate to heat water for tea. I'm getting the maximum for my $32.00 per night!!

It's 76 degrees inside... at 1:30. The thermometer was in the sunshine a few minutes ago (so I moved it).

At 1:40 PM some people drove by and said
"Oh my God; that is so cute!"

2:40 PM, 80 degrees, and I've washed dishes in my tiny sink and tidied the kitchen. I moved olive oil, etc, for salad dressing, to a newly-prepared area under the sink. As I've used things, I'm able to move items from bags stored on the bed (during the day) or on the floor (at night). I prevailed upon a neighbor to take the top off the half-gallon jar I'm using for sun tea. I haven't been able to get the top off for two weeks!! The jar is clean and I'm making more sun tea. 2:50 and nap time.

5:25 PM and I am thoroughly "baked"!! Eighty degrees inside T@B and 89 degrees in the sunshine outside. My campsite has been "in the sun" all day. No shade!! I've been looking in every cupboard and under the bench seats for a little fan. I know I have one!! But where??

9:15 PM, 68 degrees outside. I returned from seeing a beautiful sunset and sitting at a campfire with a dozen friendly people.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!