Monday, June 7, 2010

Fickle weather & friendly folks !!

Where is the sunshine?? We have had a day-and-one-half of rain--and it has been cold!! I've been "freezing" wearing shorts and barefoot sandals. My hostess, Nancy, said I have to get out my "sweats" for Saranac Lake. What a contradiction: Memorial Day weekend (at Sodus Point, NY) I was "baking" in the heat and sunshine. I swapped out jeans and sweatshirts for shorts and T-shirts. ~~ Gratefully, at 9:10 this Monday morning we have sunshine!!

Yesterday I attended Church in Afton, NY, with Nancy and one of her neighbors. I was warmly welcomed and (furthermore) had a sense that I was "in the right place at the right time." The message, and Sunday School lesson, really spoke to me. ~~ Later, four of us went to lunch and I thoroughly enjoyed the fellowship. It is so delightful to have people to eat a meal with and enjoy table conversation.

Nancy lives in rolling hills, farm country, about ten miles from each of four towns. I've told her that it seems so isolated. She loves her place and says she doesn't mind driving to any one of the communities for shopping, doctor or violin lessons. In contrast, I didn't drive five miles to Shelby without several things to do on one trip. I had neighbors, and activity, at my apartment complex so didn't feel isolated. Well, that's off-topic. Because Nancy is alone so much of the time she and I have kept up a constant stream of conversation.

Nancy and I met at Hallelujah Acres, a faith-based health organization in Shelby, North Carolina. We are devoted to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We believe that our body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit and we endeavor to keep the Temple (the body) pure and healthy. Nancy is interested in my recently discovered faith-based health organization Be In Health in Thomaston, Georgia. Nancy has many DVDs, and CDs, with health information new to me. We've spent hours watching DVDs and discussing the subject matter. In short: I'm saying that we're having a wonderful visit.

Confession: I almost missed this precious time of relaxation and visitation. Remember, I had planned to follow the Seaway Trail along Lake Ontario to the St. Lawrence Seaway and then head south to Saranac Lake. However, I met a delightful couple from Germany (at Sodus Point) and saw their pictures of Taughannock Falls. I just "had" to see those Falls!! When Nancy read my blog she e-mailed me saying "You're only an hour away!!." ~~ I think two old ladies have both benefited from the stop en route to a Teardrop Rally at Saranac Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!