Saturday, June 26, 2010

Cruising Lake Champlain

Beautiful sunshine--and 62 degrees--when I opened my eyes at 6:15 Friday morning, June 25th. (Six months until Christmas, LOL!!) The room-darkening shades were down but the sunshine was vibrant against the open silver-aluminum roof vent. "Boy, oh boy!! My day to take the cruise!!"

First, between 8:30 and 9:45, I took advantage of a nearby very nice laundromat. Now I have clean clothes for the foreseeable future. While waiting... I made a camping reservation at the local State Park.

Second: Drove to the dock where I had plenty of time to rearrange things in the T@B. Earlier, I "bumped" over a curb and things were so jumbled it resembled the contents inside a dryer!! Fortunately the clean laundry (from an hour earlier) was still on the bed and not on the dirty floor. Seventy-five degrees inside a hot, steamy, humid T@B.

I had an experience that saved $8 or more. I pulled in to a pay-parking lot at the address listed for the lunch cruise on Lake Champlain. I was told they don't allow trailers. So I drove several blocks and turned in where I saw a lot of parking spaces. Oops! I was at the entrance to the Ferry (across to New York State). At the toll gate I apologized and said I needed parking, not the Ferry.
"I want to take the lunch cruise." I was told to park anywhere "and get your ticket right over there" (only a few hundred feet away).

I walked... and took pictures. The trailer was too hot to spend much time in!! I was on board the Northern Lights cruise ship at 12 noon. ~~ If you look closely you can see the T@B in the last picture--taken when the ship docked. On the left side, half way up, a silver spot.

Tenth from the bottom (approx.) there is a picture of the North Beach with recreation vehicles (if you look with a magnifying glass, LOL). First: I saw the place where I would be spending the night
from the water.




















































No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!