Thursday, June 24, 2010

Counting my blessings !!

9:15 AM: It's a gloomy morning; the sky must be sad because it's "weeping" (raining). I could feel depressed if I wasn't so blessed!! I'm so grateful for free WiFi at Barnes & Noble!! This has been a great place to "hang out" for several days. Furthermore, three nights spent in their parking lot has saved me untold dollars and/or a drive to the Williston Wal-Mart.

I enjoyed beautiful weather for my tours of Shelburne Museum and Shelburne Farms. Now that I'm considering a cruise on Lake Champlain, the weather isn't ideal. Pictures taken today--during a ride on the lake--would look like those taken on June 17th when I rode the Ferry from New York to Vermont.

Today (I'm lucky) I have one of the few soft overstuffed chairs so I'm comfortable as I watch the traffic--and keep an eye on the weather.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3:33 PM and I'm back to report that the weather has been really strange. Weak sunshine at 11:30 and beautiful sunshine at 12:30. Started to rain at 2:45; raining with sunshine at 3:10; sunshine at 3:20. Dark and gloomy again at 3:35!!

The weather hasn't kept the customers away: Barnes & Noble has a steady parade of cars in to their parking lot. I watch drivers park directly in front of the building, enter... and reappear a few minutes later with a purchase. Furthermore, Starbucks Coffee is served here and this is a "pit stop" for those picking up their latte, etc., etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The computer has been undergoing a series of scans for virus', malware, etc., etc. I have neglected to run the programs because I wanted total access to my computer (during the limited times that I have WiFi). Today, I've skipped from one utility program to another updating and refining. During the lengthy periods when the computer was going through diagnostics and repair, I was reading tour books about Vermont, New Hampshire and Massachusetts. I particularly wanted to find campgrounds near Boston for the first week of July. I hope--and plan--to have a good location to hear the Boston Pops Concert and see the fireworks on the 4th of July. Perhaps you are like me and have watched the Boston Pops on TV. This year I want to be one of the "over one million people...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4:44 with hard rain!! 6:55 PM with bright sunshine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!