Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Greetings from Lowell, Massachusetts

When I logged off in Lebanon, New Hampshire, I did not dream that I would be back in a Panera Bread today!! It has been a nerve-racking day!! If Carmen (my Garmin GPS) were a real person, I would cut out her tongue!!!!!!!!! While in a rest stop in New Hampshire (almost to Massachusetts), I studied my Atlas. Then I tried to program the GPS for a Wal-Mart in Massachusetts. None. My Wal-Mart Atlas (with the location of many of their stores) indicated one near Lowell. So I programmed the address... and Carmen took me through every tiny, narrow, cobblestone street, and through "roundabouts." ***I was a major nervous wreck!!*** Then Carmen said Wal-Mart was on the left but I could plainly see there wasn't a Wal-Mart. A Hannaford Markets truck was parked at the rear of the building (on the right) and I swung into their parking lot. I hiked down the road (behind the buildings) looking for Wal-Mart. None. Then I hiked around to the front of the shopping complex. Hannaford and Wal-Mart under the same roof. And--only a few feet away--a Panera Bread. I repeat: I'm a nervous wreck!! Guess what: An Interstate highway runs behind this shopping center. Carmen (my Garmin) really failed me today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are "No Overnight Parking" signs in the parking lot. I've checked with Wal-Mart and have permission to park at the extreme corner of the lot. Frankly, I had hoped to locate a campgrounds for tonight--and maybe for several days. I'm not driving another mile until I'm "calm, cool, and collected."

To add insult to injury: My KIA wouldn't start this morning. The refrigerator had drained the trailer battery, and ultimately my car battery. I had turned on the refrigerator (last night) because I planned to buy groceries before leaving Lebanon. I did purchase groceries (fruit and veggies). ~~ I got out my nifty "jump start" machine and quickly solved the problem.

My right turn signal isn't working on the T@B. I've purchased and replaced the bulb. Tomorrow I'll take to a Marine / RV dealership.

Would you agree with me that this has NOT been one of my better days?? With these negative circumstances, all I need is more rain!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!