Thursday, June 17, 2010

Serendipity

My glasses were repaired free of charge in the Vision Center of Wal-Mart. The reading glasses served me very well (for a week) but my own glasses are more "wearer friendly."

I had several visitors admiring my trailer. I enjoyed talking with another overnight camper--from France. He and his wife are traveling in a Class-B very similar to the one I owned for many years. I was able to reminisce about my two-and-one-half years living in Paris, France, and comment on places we visited in France and Germany.

For the second time in one day, "Carmen" (my Garmin) gave me inaccurate instructions. Wal-Mart was not where she said it was!! It took an extra twelve miles to reach my destination. Not because Wal-Mart was that far away but because I had to drive six miles before I could find a place to turn around. Earlier in the day, Carmen told me Barnes & Noble was on the left side of the street when (actually) it is on the right. So I was turning in to a Bank and going the wrong direction!!

I'm not complaining!! The sun was shining; I visited with friendly folks; my glasses were repaired!!

Sunset over Wal-Mart.

~~~~~~~~
Ignore the time stamp; I saved from earlier in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!