Monday, June 21, 2010

Shelburne Farms

Monday morning (June 21st) was spent at Shelburne Farms in Shelburne, Vermont. It's Wednesday morning (June 23rd) and I've just uploaded the pictures, and published the details. I had been glued to the chair (in Barnes & Noble) from about 9:30 Tuesday morning until 5:50 PM!! I failed to get everything done yesterday. It really takes a lot of time to document each blog and upload the corresponding pictures. Furthermore, I'm a "perfectionist" and spend a lot of time trying to make the blog as attractive as possible--with as much information as possible. Have you noticed that I like to add live links to the web sites with relevant information??

I had planned to have breakfast at Shelburne Inn but was directed to park in a field for visitor parking and the tours. Admission was only $2. more for a guided tour--so we rode a special wagon and had special consideration (like cheese sampling at the end of the tour). Although cheese is not a normal part of my diet, I made an exception and had a "grilled cheese" from the Farm Wagon. Shelburne Farms takes great care raising all natural food and their cows graze on natural pesticide-free grass. Award-winning cheese is a specialty. Likewise the chickens are not caged and free to roam--and I had one on the table while I was eating my sandwich!! (I wish I had a picture of that!!)

The tour was very interesting but I didn't take a large variety of pictures.


































No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!