Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fish Creek Pond - June 10, 2010

Written Thursday, June 10th, 2010: Up briefly at 6:20. I lit the catalytic heater and went back to bed. "Boredom" primarily because so little to "do." I believe it rained all night so everything is dripping wet. Fog is hanging over the lake. No movement from campers within my view; no traffic on the road. No ducks, no robins, no squirrels. Oops! I spoke (wrote) too soon: A man just rode by on a bike.

6:20 and 56 degrees inside....
8:00 and 69 degrees inside....

9:00 AM; FYI: My trailer is positioned so I have a view out the three windows. When I'm sitting on the sofa-bed, the unobstructed view can be compared to a gold fish in a bowl. Oh my goodness, am I seeing a kayak on the lake? Without my glasses, it's difficult to determine.

At 10 o'clock I walked along the road (along the lake) looking for arriving Teardrops or T@Bs. I found Mark and Pat's site and visited with them because they weren't going kayaking in this weather. They were sympathetic about my broken glasses and again offered to take me to town of Tupper Lake. I agreed when they said they needed to shop. I walked back to my T@B at 11 o'clock and (prearranged) Pat picked me up at noon. We went to Rite-Aide where I bought reading glasses. Later to an IGA market for groceries.

11:20 AM and 58 degrees outside. Beginning to rain.

5:00 PM and 67 degrees inside.

Let the party begin!! Lots of excitement this last hour!! 1) Jack (from yesterday) stopped by for a quick "hello" and is now at this campground; 2) another T@B (with orange trim) is parked next to me (just arrived); and 3) Sue and Rich (also T@BBers) found us and visited for a few minutes. Campsites are filling up quickly where hours ago there were less than a dozen campers scattered intermittently. ("Intermittently" is what the rain insists on doing!! We may not have any good weather this weekend.)

Compared to the other campers, I am a "wimp." Without exception, everyone has kayaks, and bikes. These are real "outdoor" people!! Furthermore, they arrive and set up tents and awnings in the rain. I've huddled inside... waiting for the weather to get warmer and dryer. Then, and only then, would I attempt to set up my awning or Add-a-Room. I'm a "wimp"!!

A couple walking by just approached my T@B neighbors about their cute little trailer. They are looking inside, too. I hate to have people see how cluttered mine is inside!!

9:10 and 64 degrees inside... as I crawl into the sleeping bags.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!