Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Truth is stranger than fiction !!

I meet the nicest people!! (You've read that comment before.) ~~ I spent the night in the parking lot of Barnes & Noble. (Nobody came knocking, saying "you can't park overnight.") I was a few moments early arriving at the front entrance. I elected to sit on a nearby bench. Immediately a silver-haired gentleman and I exchanged greetings and a comment about always being "early." Then we affirmed the beautiful weather. I expressed gratitude for sunshine after ten days "camping in the cold and rain in the Adirondacks." I answered "Fish Creek Pond" when he asked where--and he said he knows it very well.

My new acquaintance said he camps with a Little Guy Teardrop trailer. "Have you heard of them?" I shared with him that this time last year I (too) was traveling with a Little Guy Teardrop trailer. He was astonished. Then I told him the previously mentioned camping experience at Fish Creek Camp was a "Teardrop Rally." (I'll spare you the details of the entire conversation.) "May I see your trailer?" was followed by "Of course, I'm always delighted to show it off."

Now I'm sitting on a hard wood chair, computer on my lap, next to the window, ready to continue working on my blogs. This may be my last day with free WiFi as I continue my travels.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lorraine,
    I am really looking forward to your news on the ADK rally. I just bought a 2004 T@B (same colors as yours) and used to live in the ADKs and spent a lot of time at Fish Creek, St. Regis Canoe area, etc. I certainly hope to participate with my T@B next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS, JoEllen, for your comment. Read on down and find all the details about my camping experience in the Adirondacks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it sounds like you had terrible weather, also I kind of expected that a rally would have more organized type of activities (sounds like you were bored) - I guess the poor weather had a lot to do with that? Yes, bears are a huge problem in the park, even in town (when I lived in Lake Placid I had many nights when they attacked my garbage cans). I enjoyed your shots of the lake champlain ferry - been on it many times but it hasn't occurred to me that one could T@B-it! Isn't Burlington area nice - Ben and Jerry's is sooo fun.
    Well, thanks for the blog - I will definitely keep reading!!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!