Monday, June 21, 2010

Math question

Question: How does one measure the degree of an incline?? I mulled that question over in my mind part of the night as I tried to sleep in the T@B parked at a precarious angle in Mt. Philo State Park, Vermont. I took a picture of my walking stick. The bottom is six inches from the cupboard. The hook at the top is two inches from the corner. The angle was a four inch difference. The walking cane is forty-three and one-half inches long. Inquiring minds want to know!!

1 comment:

  1. Build an inclinometer. With a cheap plastic protractor, a small "line level", a piece of string about a foot long and a lead fishing weight. Tie the string to the center hole. Tie the weight to the other end. Ust the level to hold the protactor horizontal and read the angle. Or one of your favorite stores, Habor Frieght sells an angle finding inclinometer for slightly more that the cost of the formentioned parts. I don't believe you have enough measurements to figure the angle mathmatically.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!