Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fish Creek Pond - June 11, 2010

Written Friday, June 11th, 2010: Up briefly at 6:15 to lite the heater; 55 degrees. Up at 7 o'clock and 65 degrees.

9:30 AM and 60 degrees outside.
11:00 and 64 degrees outside.
2:28 PM and 67 degrees outside.
4:30 and 67 degrees outside.
8:30 and 60 degrees outside.

8:35 PM: I spent a lot of time visiting with other folks with Teardrop trailers. One man has a Little Guy Silver Shadow and I talked with him for a period of time. "Jack" is alone in a Pickup camper and suggested we three have lunch together. They ate steak while I ate salad. When the topic turned to politics, I excused myself. There were dozens of people to visit with because fifty-one registered attendees for the "TearUp" Rally.

Part of the day we had sunshine. Other times cloudy and looked like rain. I would retreat to my T@B and write cards and letters.

Early evening, I walked the length of campsites for this group--maybe half-a-mile. It was getting colder at sunset as I walked "home." I took some sunset pictures. It was 60 degrees when I arrived at 8:30. I tried three times to lite the catalytic heater. Finally... but I've singed my hair several times . I've tried several ways to lite and haven't found how to avoid the "poof" when the propane ignites.

9:00 and 68 degrees inside as I crawl into my sleeping bags.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!