Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Greetings from Nashua, New Hampshire

Bad day: Tuesday (read yesterday's blog). Good day: Wednesday!! Read more "Lorraine's Believe It Or Not."

I was a nervous wreck yesterday!! I got very little sleep last night because construction noise nearby, and fear that one of the trucks I heard was coming to tow me away. I had permission to park, from two Customer Service Associates at Wal-Mart, but signs in the parking lot said "No Overnight Parking, Vehicles Will be Towed at Owner's Expense." I was up early... and in the parking lot of Forrest Marine and RV at 6 AM. They didn't open until 8, and service personnel didn't arrive until 9.

Things went very well for me today!! A competent young man made the repairs so I have the trailer right-turn signal again. Fearing my propane tank was almost empty, I had it filled before I departed. I was given the location where I could dump the porta-potty. It was such a relief to have trustworthy turn signals; I didn't object to the premium cost for repairs!! I resented being charged $5.00 for one gallon of propane!! Two thumbs down for Forrest Marine and RV in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts.

I drove less than one mile and found a place to park--under shade trees--in the parking lot of the Pheasant Lane Mall. I browsed the Mall for about an hour and bought coffee and a muffin. Back in the trailer, I moved things outside so I could place things in their designated places (jiggled by driving the rough streets of Lowell yesterday). I was relaxed; I was in no hurry. Then I enjoyed the salad greens from Tuesday morning shopping in Lebanon.

A Security Guard drove by several times and I anticipated that I would be told to leave. "No Overnight Parking" or some such phrase. When I was approached by the Guard it was because he wanted to see "the cute little trailer." A very affirming conversation followed because he is a Christian. I needed his kind words and parting prayer. (Thanks Gary!)

With things reasonably tidy in the T@B, I started for the Nashua Sewage Treatment Plant. My GPS wanted a street number and I was told there is no street number. A lady was very patient and gave me directions (on the phone). I made a few wrong turns but eventually arrived--and took care of dumping the porta-potty.

It had been my intention to meander back to the Wal-Mart, and Panera, where I spent last night. Less than five miles from the Sewage Treatment Plant, I spotted a Barnes & Noble. Goody, goody!! Next door was (is) a Panera Bread. Seriously!! I have access to two WiFi signals!! ~~ I've driven a total of 23 miles today--but they were VERY GOOD MILES !! According to Carmen (my Garmin) there is a Wal-Mart less than two miles away where I will (hopefully) spend the night. I AM SO BLESSED !!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of Wal-Mart, I recall the kindness of the lady that repaired my glasses (in Williston, VT) free of charge. Some people are generous; some people are greedy.

Oh yes, it has been a perfect day, weather-wise!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!