Saturday, June 19, 2010

Wal-Mart at Williston, Vermont

The last two nights, I've "paid" for overnight camping at Wal-Mart many times over. This morning, from 7:30 until 9, I worked at a photo duplicating machine--creating "Greetings from Lorraine" snapshots. Yesterday morning I finished a roll of film that had been in my 35mm camera for over a year (and then Wal-Mart one-hour developing). I took pictures of the T@B with a nice green embankment for the background. Not the best of pictures because the film was definitely "old" but allows me to send pictures to the people who cannot access my blog. ("Yes," I write cards and letters to a number of people who don't use a computer. Imagine that?!?! Life without a computer??)

Yesterday morning, I shopped for all the electrical gadgets that Toolbelt Sue recommended for safe hookup in RV Parks. (However, my parking at "RV Parks" is limited. LOL!) I'm still counting my blessings that I was able to travel (naively) with the T@B when I didn't know all the peculiarities. I even bought a tool box (in the marine section) because it is "orange." I didn't "need" the tool box--but it was "orange"!!

As soon as the Wal-Mart hair salon opened, I was the first customer for a haircut. Now I'm ready for the Summer heat!!

Speaking of heat: It was 86 degrees in the T@B at 8:40 last night; really hot and humid. For over an hour, the door had been open, and all three windows. It was still 80 degrees at 9:25 when I went to bed--with one window wide open. This time, no sleeping bag(s)!! Sixty-nine degrees--and blinding sunshine--when I awoke at 6:10 this morning. (I was in a protected spot and did not lower the shades.)

Now I am back In Barnes & Noble, in South Burlington, Vermont (six miles from Wal-Mart). I've checked my e-mail and read messages on the T@B forum. Now I am ready to return to my blog and (hopefully) finish documenting the details of the week at Fish Creek Pond in the Adirondack Mountains of New York.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Postscript, 4:15 PM: I'm still sitting here--on a hard, wood, chair, computer on my lap--refining the blogs regarding the Fish Creek Pond camping experience. The details have been typed in; there are still some pictures to upload.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. "Thanks"!!